If you are having trouble finding the pertinent information, please look on page 8, second open bullet at the top of the document. I’ve copied the section from the bottom of page 7 through the top of page 8 and highlighted the section.
Schools must comply with the following requirements:
Every student, teacher, or staff member shall wear a mask over the nose and mouth when inside a school building, school facility, facility used for school activities, or when in an outdoor space on school property or used for school activities, wherever it is not feasible to maintain six feet of social distancing from another person not in the same household; provided, however, that this mask requirement does not apply to the following:
- § Any person younger than 10 years of age, except where a school system determines it is developmentally appropriate;
- § Any person with a medical condition or disability that prevents wearing a mask;
- § Any person while the person is consuming food or drink, or is seated in a dining area to eat or drink;
- § Any person while the person is: (a) exercising outdoors or engaging in physical activity outdoors; and (b) maintaining a safe distance from other people not in the same household; or
- § Any person while the person is giving a speech for a broadcast or to an audience.
The above mask-wearing requirements do not apply to any school system that was exempted from the face covering requirements of Executive Order GA-29 during its effect due to a county judge attestation filed with the Texas Division of Emergency Management.
The governing board of a school system may modify or eliminate by formal action the above mask-related requirements.